It's certainly been an interesting week thus far. I've been getting some feedback on the places of employment to which I am applying...namely Best Buy and Books-A-Million - which is, I must say, quite awesome. Hopefully something good comes of it...if not...I keep applying elsewhere.
Today, I took Facebook's "Which Marvel Superhero Are You?" Test. I was pretty shocked and deeply amused when my results came back as none other than Jean Grey. I must say I looked damn good after the sex-change, too. The little bio beneath the result picture said I am "a tough woman, not to be messed with - and I can take a man apart with only my mind". LOL.
I took the test a second time before publishing the results and this time the results came back as Gambit. Needless to say, I published it thereafter.
At any rate...
I want to take a little time now to post my own personal review for Rob Zombie's Halloween II (RANDOM!).
To say that I simply looked forward to this film would be something of an understatement. I've been a die-hard fan of the Halloween franchise for as long as I can remember. I own every film. I know every in and out. I'm one of the many who do so look forward to a Producer's Cut of Halloween 6. I am a FAN. So anyway...I took my seat at the Regal Cinemas Stadium 16 theatre and prepared myself for the sicktasticness that was about to follow. Once what would be the opening credits came on, I knew I was in for a ride. Now obviously I'm not going to go into detail here, but suffice it to say the movie was so much better than I ever dreamed it would've been. From open to close, it kept me on the edge of my seat...and even managed to send a chill or two down the spine.
One thing a lot of people have already said (and will continue to say) is that the movie was wrong for not having the classic John Carpenter score in it, save for one small overture during the end credits. I can honestly say that the film, a horror film / sequel to a re-imagining, did its job to the very extreme without Carpenter's haunting melody. Fans and skeptics alike would do well to remember one very important thing...this is Rob Zombie's Halloween...not John Carpenter's. Rob Zombie (very brilliantly and successfully) created a film that will become the stuff of horror movie legend and also managed to create what so many film makers lack these days in the horror industry...an amazing experience. I like to think that I know enough about horror to know that what I speak is truth and that I'm not just blowing a bunch of smoke.
One truly captivating (and terrifying) element was Scout Taylor-Compton, who, in all honesty, usurped the mantle of scream queen from Jamie Lee Curtis, without doubt or second thoughts. She took the character of Laurie Strode through a haunting metamorphosis that not only left my jaw on the floor by the end of the movie, but actually scared me enough that I couldn't sleep afterward.
Next, of course, is the Shape...Michael Myers. You know, still to this day, the only movie to do more damage to me than "the Omen" was the original Halloween II (most of which involved the Shape stalking the halls of Haddonfield Memorial Hospital). What made it so scary was A). Michael Myers and B). It took place in a hospital, something I had become terrified of as a kid due to my own life experiences. I can still hear that old electric organ churning out Carpenter's classic theme. Needless to say, when I saw Rob Zombie's Halloween II a few days ago, that little boy was in the theatre with me. Believe me when I say (without giving away any details) that Tyler Mane portrayed a truly horrifying Michael Myers.
So to all you horror fans out there, if you want a truly empirical experience...purchase a ticket to see Rob Zombie's Halloween II.
On a side note, though...one thing that made this movie kind of special was that I saw it with my cousin. He and I are pretty avid horror fans (and to tell you the truth, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be into a lot of the facets of pop-culture that I am today...so if not for Jack, I'd be a brain-dead realist like my Dad LOL), so it was definitely interesting for me to have both of us see this film for the first time together. Unfortunately, the movie was so amazing I didn't really pay him a whole lot of mind...which is cool, because he was probably in the same position ;)
At any rate...that concludes this evening's ramble...stay tuned!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awww..thanks, man! You need to hang out more often. And answer your phone when I call! LOL...
ReplyDelete